Prestigious Irish Language award for Patrick’s Dungiven
Ón Derry Post - 11/10/2016
Year 10 pupils of St. Patrick’s College, Dungiven, were recently presented with Corn an Athar Uí Mhuirí, awarded by Comhaltas Uladh, in recognition of high standards in spoken Irish.
A number of scholarships for summer colleges in Donegal Gaeltacht had also been previously awarded.
Mr. Seán Ó Murchadha presented the cup on behalf of Comhaltas Uladh and congratulated the pupils on their achievements.
Irish teacher, Ms. Deirdre Kelpie, welcomed pupils, staff, and guests to the presentation and thanked Mr. Ó Murchadha, Comhaltas Uladh, and Mrs. Louise McNamara, Glór Dhún Geimhin, for their support and the scholarships received by the record number of St. Patrick’s College Dungiven pupils who travelled to the Gaeltacht in July 2016.
Ms Kelpie also thanked Mr. Niall Comer, President of Comhaltas Uladh and Ms. Michaeline Donnelly for the support.
Celebrating the success with the pupils were Mr. Gormley, Principal of St. Patrick’s College, Mrs. Louise McKeever of Glór Dhún Geimhin and Irish Language Officer, Mr. Brian Ó Doibhlin.
Principal Mr. Gormley said “This is a very proud day for our Year 10 pupils and our wider school community. I congratulate the pupils on their success and dedication to their studies in the Irish language and thank Ms. Kelpie for her tireless work with all groups in our languages department.” Mrs. Mary O’Neill and the St. Patrick’s College Traditional Group provided the music for the occasion.
Nuacht is déanaí ó Dáire
- An cuma cé acu Varadkar nó Coveney a thabharfaidh an lá leis?
- Dhá thrá Ghaeltachta luaite mar ‘láithreacha maithe don snámh lomnocht’ i dtreoirleabhar nua
- Conspóid i gCeanada agus páirtithe an fhreasúra ag cur i gcoinne ainmniúchán an Choimisinéara Teanga nua
- GAILEARAÍ: Na seolta in airde do chéad chruinniú na mbád is na gcurachaí ag Féile Ros Muc
- Ar a laghad 22 duine marbh i bpléascadh ag ceolchoirm sa Manchester Arena