WHAT IS CISTE 125?
A fund of €125,000 will be available for small grants for groups planning events/projects for Bliain na Gaeilge 2018. This fund is available
thanks to Foras na Gaeilge and the Department of Culture, Heritage and Gaeltacht. It is expected to award over 125 grants through the
fund and that grants will be between €500 and €1000 on average.
Up to €50,000 will be available for events organised in the first six months of 2018 and a further €75,000 will be available for events that
are organised in the second six months of 2018. Any group can apply for funding in the two rounds of funding if they so wish.
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT DATES?
First round of funding (January - June) – €50,000
- Opening date for applications 15/11/2017
- Closing date for applications 28/11/2017
- Decisions will be communicated by 09/12/2017
- Payments will be made by 15/01/2018
- Report due by 11/06/2018
Second round of funding (July - December) – €75,000
- Opening date for applications 01/01/2018
- Closing date for applications 15/04/2018
- Decisions will be communicated by 30/04/2018
- Payments will be made by 31/05/2018
- Report due by 07/12/2018
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any group, organisation, committee or club who intends to run an event/project for Bliain na Gaeilge.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applicants must fill in an application form available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Ciste125; or send a completed application
form by e-mail to email@example.com; or in the post with the following information:
1. Applicant details including full name, address, contact details and bank details.
2. Description of the event/project including venue(s) and date(s).
3. Applicant’s experience in organising similar events/projects.
4. Description of how the event/project links in with Bliain na Gaeilge and Irish language promotion.
5. Breakdown of entire budget for event/project and how funding from Bliain na Gaeilge Support Fund will be spent.
6. Description of how the event/project depends on funding from Bliain na Gaeilge Support Fund.
An application form can be filled in on-line at www.peig.ie/Ciste2018; or send an applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or
by post to: Ciste 125, Conradh na Gaeilge, 6 Sráid Fhearchair, Baile Átha Cliath 2
The deadlines for applications is 15.00 on November 28th for round one and 15.00 on April 15 th 2018 for the second round.
Incomplete or late applications will not qualify for assessment.
WHAT ASSESSMENT CRITERIA WILL BE USED?
|Description of event/project||30|
|Experience with Bliain na Gaeilge, Conradh na Gaeilge and/or similar events/projects||10|
|How will this event/project promote the Irish language||20|
|How will the event/project link with Bliain na Gaeilge’s objectives||20|
|Budget breakdown and details of how funding through Ciste 125 would be spent||20|
WHAT TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY?
- Successful applicants are required to send a report and pictures after the event/project.
Funding will not be available for the following activities through Ciste 125:
- Events during Seachtain na Gaeilge, 1-17 March 2018
(the festival already has an event fund; see www.snag.ie)
- Commercial activity
- Core or ongoing costs (such as rent, salaries)
- Overseas travel
- Work that has already taken place
- Non-charitable activities
- Political activities
- Sponsorship of fundraising events
The form is available at the link below