Donegal to benefit from €142 Arts Council funds
Donegal Post 5/10
The Arts Councils has allocated €71,000 to a new cultural diversity collaboration project between Donegal, Mayo and South Dublin County Councils and a further €71,000 for supporting Irish language artists in the Gaeltacht areas of Donegal and Galway.
The aim of the funding is to help local authorities collaborate proactively on the development of policy, training, and provision of cultural services in their locals areas.
The Arts Council confirmed the funding as part of their ongoing ‘Arts On Your Doorstep’ public awareness campaign that promotes better access to and engagement with the arts.
Director of the Arts Council, Orlaith McBride said: “We recently put a call out to local authorities across the country who were looking to develop better ways of engaging communities in local arts projects.
“A new collaborative initiative around cultural diversity by Donegal, Mayo and South Dublin County Councils was one of the successful applicants along with an application by Údarás na Gaeltachta for supporting Irish language artists. Promoting cultural diversity and our own indigenous language are an important part of the Arts Council’s work because we know that the arts can an effective tool in helping new cultures and communities, and in supporting our own language.
“In this context we are pleased to be supporting such ambitious and positive initiatives.”
Nuacht is déanaí ó Dáire
- An scoláire aitheanta Diarmaid Ó Doibhlin imithe ar shlí na fírinne
- An Rothlóir Giongach: Seans go bhfuil sé maith duit!
- Comhlachtaí Gaeltachta san iomaíocht do ghradaim dhigiteacha i nGaillimh
- ‘Is ríléir faoin tráth seo gur gréasán daoine atá á fhiosrú againn’ – Príomh-Chonstábla Phóilíní Mhanchain
- D’fhéadfadh ‘tamall maith’ a bheith ann sula n-athosclófaí Oifig an Phoist Charna – Aire Stáit